My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I cannot sit in silence without writing about the atrocity at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church last week, when a shooter killed nine of our other brothers and sisters. My feelings about this are so strong, that I am compelled by the love of Christ to respond.
- Do I feel our Father’s grief over this or have I resigned myself to the inevitability of these kinds of killings?
- Have I recognized my own sin of racism as evidenced by telling racial jokes or passing on my racist views to my children and others?
- Have I prayed for the family members of the nine slain brothers and sisters in Christ?
- Have I prayed for the remaining members of Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church?
- Have I asked God if there is a lonely person in my life He wants me to befriend and share Christ with, who just might be the next shooter unless someone reaches out to him?
- Have I prayed that the church as a whole would stop being the most segregated institution in America?
- If I preach each Sunday, have I considered preaching on this?
- If I blog, have I considered writing on this?
Believe it! It’s the Gospel.
Live Free In Christ,
Mark Maulding, President and Founder
www.GraceLifeInternational.com All Content Copyright © 2015 Mark Maulding but feel free to pass it on!