- Realize – God is not condemning you because of your struggle with worry. Romans 8:1
- Trust – Tell your Father everything you feel anxious about. Take him through every detail. In Matthew 6:25-34, Jesus tells us why we can rely on our Heavenly Father to take care of us since we are more valuable than the birds or flowers He provides for. In Philippians 4:6-7, Paul exhorts us to pray, thank God and tell Him everything about our struggle until we have peace.
- Remember – Remember that you are not a “worrier” in Christ. In fact, you are full of faith since you are faithful in Christ Jesus. See 2 Timothy 1:7 [God has not given us a spirit (identity) of fear] and Ephesians 1:2 So if you are worrying, confess that sin to God and repent by confessing that you are not a worrier but a faithful person in Christ who trusts him regardless of how you feel!
- Ask – Ask God to show you if there is something you can do to begin to resolve your situation. James 1:5 instructs us to ask God for wisdom when life is difficult and we don’t know what to do.
- Give Up – Ask yourself “What is the worst thing which could happen in this situation?” Are you then willing to give up that worse thing to God and ask Him what He wants to give you in exchange? Philippians 2:5-6
- Someone – Go to someone you trust to help give you some clear perspective on the situation. Often our own thinking is mired down in the quicksand of swirling emotions. My wife is very good at helping me with this when I go to her. 1 Thessalonians 5:11.
Live Free In Christ,
Mark Maulding, President and Founder
www.GraceLifeInternational.com All Content Copyright © 2015 Mark Maulding but feel free to pass it on!