What do you really believe about God? Is he who you think he is? To consider these questions, take the God Is Quiz. Read each of the twenty statements below and answer “true” or “false” beside each statement. Don’t overthink your answers. And don’t give the answer you think you’re supposed to give, such as the Sunday-school, in-front-of-people answer. Go with your first response.
True or False:
- I worship God because he is a holy God. ___________
- I enjoy God because he is a loving Father. ___________
- I am often aware of God’s presence in me. ___________
- I know God loves me no matter what happens. ___________
- God is proud of me just because I am his child. ___________
- I obey God because he loves me, not so he’ll love me more. ___________
- I feel unconditionally accepted by God. ___________
- I feel very comfortable calling God “Dad” or “Papa.” ___________
- God is more interested in me than in what I do for him. ___________
- God never gets angry with me. ___________
- God must love me because many blessings happen to me. ___________
- I am afraid of God’s punishment when I sin. ___________
- I feel as though I can never please God. ___________
- Making my life work seems mostly up to me instead of up to God. ___________
- I believe I must do the right things to get closer to God. ___________
- I feel as though God is often disappointed with me. ___________
- God seems good when good things happen to me. ___________
- I need to put myself in the right position for God to bless me. ___________
- God doesn’t really show up when I need him. ___________
- Based on what he lets happen to me, God seems mad at me. ___________
Your answers to these twenty statements reflect your personal view of God. How can you know?
If you answered the first ten questions as true and the last ten questions as false, then you have an accurate view of who God is based on what the Bible really says. If you answered the opposite way, then your view of God may need reconsidering. But here’s the good news: that’s why I wrote this book.
Let’s go a step further in our perception of who God is. For example, wouldn’t you agree it’s easy to believe God is wonderful when you’re enjoying a good day? But what’s your view of God on a bad day? And I’m talking about a really awful, heartbreaking type of day. That’s when you find out what you truly believe about God.
P.S. If you are feeling a desire to discover your concept of God, deepen your intimacy with Him, help you explore your personal freedom and help you connect in relationships God’s way, you will enjoy being a part of our 4-week Advanced Discipleship Class beginning April 30. Using Zoom video conferencing, you will experience a live interactive, small group environment with everyone who signs up. Click here for more details or email Gretchen@gracelifeinternational.com
(From the book, God’s Best-Kept Secret:Christianity Is Easier Than You Think, Mark Maulding, Pages 15-16)