In our Freedom Conferences, we describe eight flavors of flesh that are revealed in Scripture. By way of reminder, the flesh is all of the sinful strategies of living we have learned to try to make life work for us. We do this by trying to feel loved, accepted, significant, secure and to belong. Every one of us has sinful strategies and they are unique to each person. It’s the pandemic of all humans. Let me share them with you briefly.
- Rich Young Ruler Flesh- Well Adjusted – Successful such that there is an element of sinful pride
- 12 Disciples Flesh (Most of them) -Poorly Adjusted in Society – Failures
- Pharisee Flesh – Religious – Legalistic – Superior Attitude
- Moses Flesh (“You got the wrong guy, God.”) You are your own worst critic.Timothy Flesh (Paul exhorted him repeatedly to move forward) – Passive and/or Irresponsible
- Samson Flesh (Problem with indulging with women) -Indulgent with drugs, alcohol, porn, food, TV, video games, etc.
- King Saul Flesh (He was violent toward David) – Abusive, uncontrolled anger, or a lifestyle of anger
- Martha Flesh – Relational Idolatry (Codependent) Always trying to make people happy
As you read over those, assess which one or ones best describe the flavor of flesh you struggle with or have struggled with. One of my past ones was Pharisee Flesh because I was a hyper-legalistic Christian with a superior attitude that hurt a lot of people.
It’s very important that each of us knows these because when we are living from our unique flavor(s) of the flesh, the ensuing attitudes and actions come out of us in our relationships, work, finances, etc. But this is only a small part of not only understanding our flesh but discovering God’s truth so we can live free depending on Him in meeting our needs instead.
If you genuinely want to live free in Christ, I urge you with all of these persuasions to attend our upcoming live-streamed Freedom Conference which will be taught by our staff member, Dr. Bill Jones. Dr. Jones was formerly a professor of philosophy and a pastor, yet he didn’t know how to live free until he began to understand the Biblical truth you will hear in the Freedom Conference. You will also hear his compelling story which will encourage you.
The Freedom Conference is live online on July 21, 6:30-9:30 pm Eastern Time/July 22, 9:00 am-12:30 pm. Can’t you make those dates work for you? If so, go ahead and register. You will receive the video and notes from the Conference.
Please don’t delay. Register now while it’s on your mind! We can’t wait to see you there! Here’s the link. The Freedom Conference Info and Registration.