We often find ourselves struggling and wonder why. I am going to share with you six of the main reasons.
- First and foremost, we struggle because we haven’t been taught about the healing, power, and freedom we have in Christ as explained in the New Covenant. This helps us deal with everything else below when we understand it.
- Our concept of God – Most of us have falsely believed that God is someone He’s not. This is most often shaped by the following: our earthly fathers or other significant people while growing up; the central lie Satan puts in our minds about God in our formative years; misguided Biblical teaching about God; and painful experiences. Our concept of Him determines how we believe He relates to us. This is the number one reason why we struggle.
- Our view of ourselves – Because we live in a messed up world, we are constantly receiving messages about who we are that are not Biblical. Unfortunately, we may also receive incorrect messages about who we are from Biblical teachers. This is probably the second biggest reason we struggle.
- Our perception of others – If we have had mostly positive experiences with people, we have a positive view of people. If we have had rejective experiences with people, we can live with lots of hurts. Unresolved hurts often hurt us and the people around us. Most Christians believe they have forgiven these people, but they may not know how to forgive in a deep enough way.
- Our lack of knowledge about the role of flesh – It is imperative that understand the flesh and the specifics patterns of how it operates in their lives. For example, do you have flesh that shows itself in positive ways, negative ways, or a combination of the two? We are either depending on the flesh to live our lives or we are depending on Christ in us to live His life through us. There’s no in-between. Romans 8:6 tells us that a mind operating from the flesh is deadly!
- Our lack of awareness of spiritual warfare – Satan and his demonic army have one goal in mind for every believer, to destroy us, our marriages, our children, and so much more. Though we cannot be demonically possessed, make no mistake about it. We can be demonically oppressed. That is why we have a Spiritual Warfare by Grace Conference every year that I highly recommend.
There are other issues that I cannot deal with here, but I have a question for you. Would you be willing to explore God’s answers to all of the above? Then I really want you to attend our upcoming Advanced Discipleship Training Intro. It is only four Monday nights a great investment into your own life. Just look at the fantastic topics you will hear. (For you have already attended, you know how great this is so please invite two people you know.)
Monday, August 9th 6pm – 9pm “Discovering Your Biblical Identity”
Monday, August 16th 6pm – 9pm “Untwisting Your Concept of God”
Monday, August 23rd 6pm – 9pm “Experiencing Intimacy with God”
Monday, August 30th 6pm – 9pm “Making it Real”